[Zope] Simple Example problem: ZooExhibit ZClass

Derek Simkowiak dereks@realloc.net
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:53:47 -0800 (PST)

->  > 	When I go to the root folder and select "Zoo Exhibit" from the
->  > "Select type to add..." list, it asks for the id.  (So my auto-generated
->  > ZooExhibit_addForm DTML Method is working.)
->  >
->  > 	But when I click on the "Add" button, thus [theoretically]
->  > invoking the auto-generated ZooExhibit_add DTML Method, I get the
->  > following "Site Error" page displayed to me as simple text -- that is, the
->  > HTML is not rendered by my browser, I actually see the raw HTML code in my
->  > right-side browser frame:
-> Try to export the content of your folder, make a TGZ or ZIP archive
-> and send it to me.

     Dieter & Company,
	I rebooted my Linux box (in order to send the .zexp and .tgz to
Dieter), and now my "Zoo Exhibit" product is completely gone from the
Product list.  I have re-created it from scratch, and I am now NOT having
any problems.

	I believe I corrupted the "Products" database somehow.  Here is
what I *remember* doing (i.e., take with a grain of salt):

1. Add the new Product with id "ZooExhibit"
2. Add a Factory (called myFactory), and a simple addForm() DTML method
(again, this is all as per Chapter 12 of _The Zope Book_)
3. Now DELETE that "ZooExhibit" product.

	At this point, I probably should have restarted Zope, but I did
not.  Perhaps that is what caused my error, although I saw nothing in the
docs indicating that a Zope restart is necessary after adding/removing
products.

4. Now Add a new product with id "ZooExhibit" (NOTE: Same id as before!)
5. Add a ZClass called "ZooExhibit" to that Product
6. Go to a regular folder and try to add a "Zoo Exhibit".  That is where
my error occured yesterday.

	I don't have time right now to try to repro my problem... if I get
around to it later, I will try to repro and see if this should be reported
as a "bug".  If somebody else has time, please try the above steps to see
if you get my error.

	If this turns out to not be reproducable, I guess we'll just
attribute it to my pre-2.4.4 version of Zope:

[dereks@dereks dereks]$ rpm -q Zope Zope-zserver
Zope-2.4.3-1
Zope-zserver-2.4.3-1

Thanks,