[Zope] ZMySQLDA

Dirk Datzert Dirk.Datzert@rasselstein-hoesch.de
Wed, 02 Jan 2002 22:21:58 +0100

Ben Ocean schrieb:

> Hi;
> In building MySQL-python (so that I can get ZMySQLDA to work) I read the
> following:
>
> Finally, putting it together:
>
> $ python setup.py build
> # python setup.py install
>
> TIP: If you are using a binary package of Zope, you need run setup.py
> with Zope's python executable. Otherwise, Zope (ZMySQLDA) will not
> be able to find _mysql.
>
> What exactly does that tip say? Can someone write me an example line? What
> is *Zope's python executable*?

type 'locate python' or 'find / - name python' and 'which python'

if you get more python interpreters than 1 you have to look which python is
started on Zope startup.

_mysql must be in the search path of the python which is started by Zope z2.py
start script

I didn't worry about this since my python is /usr/lib/python and _mysql is in
/usr/lib/python (/site-packages)