[Zope] WebDAV Locks / 2.4.3/ MS Office 2000

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 07:52:01 +0000

Jason Earl wrote:

> Yow, that's no good.  I serve up quite a few Excell spreadsheets
> myself, and quite by accident I got around this behavior by fronting
> Zope with Apache on port 80 and use ZServer on port 9673 (Debian's
> default Zope port).

Hang on, I front Zope with Apache too. How do you use Apache? mod_proxy?
If so, how do you get it to filter out WebDAV traffic?

> If I want WebDAV to kick in I simply point the
> client at the correct port.  Since it is easy to include the port
> number in the URL this hack neatly fixes the problem.

That's a good idea. It does make me wonder if Zope should actually answer WebDAV
REQUEST's on it's HTTP port in any case. I think it probably should...

cheers,

Chris