[Zope] External Method and Nested ZClasses

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:37:44 +0100

Chris Bruce writes:
 > But, how do you add a nested ZClass.  For instance, if MyNestedZClass
 > was a zclass inside of MyZClass?  I have tried:
 > newob=self.Control_Panel.Products.MyProduct.MyZClass.MyNestedZClass(id)
 > But it gives me an attribute error for MyNestedZClass. I have searched
 > and experimented, but I can seem to get a reference to the Nested
 > ZClass.  This seems very easy in DTML, but I can't figure it out for
 > external method.
Do it the same way as in DTML.

There are only two differences between ExternalMethod
and DTML:

  1. you do not have the magic DTML namespace.
     This means, you need to know which object provides the name
     you want to use.

  2. You must call methods explicitly and provide the correct
     parameters.

Dieter