[Zope] cannot import library driving me mad!

Greg Conway greg@gmlnt.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:04:03 -0000

Hi all,

I've got a strange problem trying to start MySQL-python-0.9.0.

I get the following error:

2002-01-23T07:19:02 ERROR(200) Zope Could not import Products.ZMySQLDA
Traceback (innermost last):
  File
/home/packages/ZOPE/Zope-2.4.3-linux2-x86/lib/python/OFS/Application.py,
line 563, in import_product
  File
/home/packages/ZOPE/Zope-2.4.3-linux2-x86/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/__ini
t__.py, line 91, in ?
  File
/home/packages/ZOPE/Zope-2.4.3-linux2-x86/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/DA.py
, line 92, in ?
  File
/home/packages/ZOPE/Zope-2.4.3-linux2-x86/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py
, line 89, in ?
ImportError: libmysqlclient.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

Zope starts and functions okay, but is not much use with it's MySQL
connection!

My MySQL files seem to be in some strange places. To get MySQL-python-0.9.0
to install in the first place I had to copy all my library files from where
MySQL is installed (/home/packages/MySQL-3.23.33/include got copied to
/usr/include/mysql, etc), and eventually it compiled and installed without
errors.

I first tried changing the paths in setup.py, but it gave me "cannot find
mysql.h" errors whatever paths I put, so I ended up moving all the files to
/usr/include/mysql and /usr/lib/mysql, which worked.

But now I have the libmysqlclient.so.10 problems!

The weird thing is that this files is in /usr/lib/mysql (and a few other
places!) but it does not find it.

Where is this call coming from?

I have scanned the above files (Application.py, db.py, etc) but can find no