[Zope] Using cadaver to connect to Zope's WebDAV port when forwarded over ssh ..

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:52:50 +0200

Hi all

I'm trying to do this:

    ssh -l user -L 8800:localhost:8800 remotehost.co.za

But this is what I'm seeing::

    [jean@blommie jean]$ cadaver
    dav:!> open localhost:8800
    Looking up hostname... Connecting to server... connected.
    Connecting to server... connected.
    Connecting to server... connected.
    Connecting to server... connected.
    <... repeats forever ...>
    Terminated by signal 2.

I was expecting something more like this::

    [jean@blommie jean]$ cadaver
    dav:!> open localhost:13800
    Looking up hostname... Connecting to server... connected.
    Connecting to server... connected.
    dav:/> ls
    Listing collection `/': (reconnecting...done) succeeded.
    Coll:  Catalog                                 0  Dec 21 08:04
    Coll:  Contacts                                0  Dec  5 13:06
    Coll:  Control_Panel                           0  Dec 20 15:42
    Coll:  DocumentedProducts                      0  Feb  5  2001

Has anyone else encountered this at all? What I actually want to do is
to use continue using sitecopy with Zope (see
  http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-September/099817.html ),
and I'm using cadaver to try & troubleshoot --- sitecopy hangs when
connecting.

--
Jean Jordaan
Upfront Systems                         http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za