[Zope] ZMySQLDA Help

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:44:03 -0700

Install gcc?

What system are you running on?  You need to install two things -- the
python adaptor for MySQL and the zope adaptor.  In a linux environment
I just followed the instructions at Zope.org and everything came up
neatly.  With other environments, YMMV.

I use MySQL-python-0.9.1.  and ZMySQLDA-2.0.8 both distributed as tarballs.
You do have to compile some C code--hence the need for gcc.  Look at the setup.py
programs to set configuration stuff.