[Zope] ZMySQLDA Help

Todd Loomis, DMSO (SAIC) tloomis@dmso.mil
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:33:23 -0400

2002-07-09T20:27:15 ERROR(200) Zope Could not import Products.ZMySQLDA

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Allison [mailto:allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 3:44 PM
To: allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU; tloomis@dmso.mil
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope] ZMySQLDA Help

Install gcc?

What system are you running on?  You need to install two things -- the
python adaptor for MySQL and the zope adaptor.  In a linux environment
I just followed the instructions at Zope.org and everything came up
neatly.  With other environments, YMMV.

I use MySQL-python-0.9.1.  and ZMySQLDA-2.0.8 both distributed as tarballs.
You do have to compile some C code--hence the need for gcc.  Look at the
setup.py
programs to set configuration stuff.