[Zope] Access and work with dynamic key and var in a python product ?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 20:40:26 +0200

Roger writes:
 > Hello again,
 > How can i set variabels in a ZPT and send it over a link to a method
 > from a Python Product.
 > The method should generate a dynamic result page.
 > The PROBLEM is, the variabels are dynamic an the method should can
 > collect the key and variabels.
 > I have no access to the REQUEST in the method.
You do have: "self.REQUEST", although it may be the wrong request object...

This should work!

 > in both way I can't access the key's and var's over the REQUEST.items()
 > or
 > REQUEST.form.items() (of corse i have no form).
You should use "REQUEST.form.items()" because it is much more efficient.
Zope will put all request variables into "REQUEST.form", even
when they are not originating from a form.

Why does your link use "result.zpt"? Didn't you say that the target
should be a product method?

Dieter