[Zope] small RFC : how to enhance zopistas' web experience

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:48:29 +0200

Jerome Alet wrote:
 >[...]
>
> yes I meant single sign-on to any participating site allows one
> to access any other one with the same authentication information.

Hmm,
couldn't you do that just now?
Just ask the user for their credentials, and test that credentials
against the site you want to share users with. Ok, it's a bit messy
without an API which is designed for that task, but its possible, and
with the right amount of caching shouldn't be too hard.
Maybe someone interested should just write a PiggybackUserFolder which
tests user credentials against www.zope.org's login page :).

cheers,
oliver