[Zope] small RFC : how to enhance zopistas' web experience

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:09:30 -0400

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 02:59:49PM +0200, Jerome Alet wrote:
> > well, ok, now you have all users in a single directory. i don't see how
> > that would bring the community together more. it makes zero difference to
> > the user, apart from having the same username/password all over.
>
> yes I meant single sign-on to any participating site allows one
> to access any other one with the same authentication information.

Mozilla will get you most of the way there. One master password and it'll
fill in the local site password for you. You only still have to register.
The advantage is that you can use different passwords for different sites
and thus protect against line sniffing attacks; the password the hacker
gains only works in one place.

--
Martijn Pieters