[Zope] exUserFolder, NUXUserGroups, LDAP!

Sion Morris s.morris@bangor.ac.uk
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:18:00 +0100

Hello all,

The NUXUserGroups is a great product that allows the grouping of users.
LDAPUser is great product that connects Zope and LDAP.

I would like to combine the usefulness of these two products. There is
one drawback in that the LDAP server I'll be using is read only. I
thought that exUserFolder could act as a broker between the products,
and maybe it can, just that I haven't figured it out.

Is it possible for exUserFolder to receive a login request (either from
basic authentication or cookie based authentication) and pass the
username and password to LDAP for authentication. Then, when the
authentication is successful, return a User object that can be used with
NUXUserGroups. This would entail having an entry in NUXUserGroups for
every user and and their associated groups.

If this is not possible I would really appreciate any alternatives that
would allow this kind of functionality? (Am I right that LDAPUserGroups
requires write access to the LDAP server?)

Many thanks,

Sion