[Zope] future direction (was "problems with SiteRoot in Zope2.5.1")

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:18:19 -0400

I sympathize with this, it's a real job keeping up with Zope
developments.  But one person every couple of days locks themselves
out of their site using a SiteRoot, and runs screaming to this list.
;-)  Evan or someone else usually talks them down from the tower in
gentle tones, but it's still... well, it's annoying.  This is why
VirtualHostMonsters are better.. they're inert unless you actually
use them.  And they do everything that SiteRoots do.

Personally, I want to nuke SiteRoots out of Zope but I don't think
it's going to happen (because lots of folks use and like them), so
no worries in any case.  They're going to stay around, probably
until the bits fall out of them.  We'll just need to prop Evan and a
couple of other folks up in front of their PCs 24x7 to deal with the
poor souls who innocently fill out a form and then find they can no
longer access any of their data. ;-)

- C