[Zope] Icons not set right after Subclassing

VanL vlindberg@verio.net
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:43:13 -0600

Hello,

I have a Folderish Class "GenericHost".

I then have some specializations of this host, declared as

SpecialHost(GenericHost):
    (Differences here)

SpecialHost2(GenericHost):
    (Differences)

I then declare them in __init__ as follows:

    context.registerClass(
        Hosts.SpecialHost,
        constructors = (Hosts.addSpecialHostForm,
Hosts.manage_addSpecialHost),
        icon = 'icons/SpecialHost.gif'
        )
    context.registerClass(
        Hosts.SpecialHost2,
        constructors = (Hosts.addSpecialHost2Form,
Hosts.manage_addSpecialHost2),
        icon = 'icons/SpecialHost2.gif'
        )

GenericHost is never registered.  However, the icon directive is
ignored; they all get a plain folder icon.
When I do register GenericHost and give it its own icon, then everything
then gets the GenericHost icon. Otherwise, everything works as expected.

I've tried the misc_ trick, but I can't get it to work.  Can anyone tell
me what I'm doing wrong?  It seems like a waste to repeat all of the
code just for the icons.

TIA,

VL