[Zope] VirtualHostMonster and acquisition

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:40:29 -0700

Is it possible for VHM to screw up my acquisition?

I've got a python script called kt_trans. It access a TinyTable from a
directory above itself, through a PortableHole. This all works fine when
directly accessed, and works under one VHM test setup. But the production
system can't find the TinyTable when acccessed via the proxy feeding to VHM.

I know that's confusing, so let me further muddy things up by give you
details. I have a set up like this

/clients/one/trans_table
/clients/one/reports -> portable hole to /reports
/clients/two/trans_table
/clients/two/reports -> portable hole to /reports
/reports/kt_trans -> python script that accesses context.trans_table

The use of context.trans_table works in kt_trans when I access it via:

/clients/one/reports/kt_trans

It will access client one's trans_table in this case. All well and good and
it works fine when directly accessed. However, when accessed via an apache
proxy feeding VHM style URLs, I can't access my trans_tables. Other zope
objects are accessable without a hitch.

Most annoying of all, this only seems to happen under production which means
I've got to fight with firewalls and SSL. My attempts to replicate the
problem have not been successful.

Help! I need a clue stick!