[Zope] RADIUS on Windows

Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:48:42 +0100

On Tuesday 18 Jun 2002 3:45 pm, Pieter Biemond (prive wrote:

> Yep. Two quick suggestions:
> - make sure your radiusauth_secret is the same on both machines

definitely yes

> - make sure every user in IAS has "Dialin access", otherwise RADIUS
>   authentication is not allowed.

Thanks for this tip.

I tried turning this on, and it started working. Then I checked it with a=
n old=20
password, and that worked too! Then it stopped working again for no good=20
reason.=20

I cant see any pattern to how it has been behaving since then. Arghhh.

> If this doens't solve your problems, give me more information about
> your setup/configuration.

The IAS server is NT 4 with latest service packs. It is a BDC.

I have been testing using the raw radius.py library, outside of Zope.

On the client I see:

* sometimes the server responds with rejection packet.

* sometimes the server responds with an acceptance packet. (even if the =20
  password is an old one, and with restarting the IAS service in between)

* sometimes the server does not respond at all. This often (but not only,
  or always) happens when the username provided does not exist

On the event log I see a mix of the following four types of entry. Im not=
 sure=20
why the server is sometimes logging requests, and sometimes logging=20

Failed authentication: Source =3D 192.168.0.3:2113
        Code =3D Access-Request
        Identifier =3D 2
        User-Name =3D tdickenson
        Password =3D ******

Failed authentication: Source =3D 192.168.0.3:2113
        Code =3D Access-Reject
        Identifier =3D 84

Successful authentication: Source =3D 192.168.0.3:2113
        Code =3D Access-Request
        Identifier =3D 40
        User-Name =3D tdickenson
        Password =3D ******

Successful authentication: Source =3D 192.168.0.3:2113
        Code =3D Access-Accept
        Identifier =3D 30