[Zope] Printer Friendly page?

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:57:37 -0500

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 01:41:51PM -0500, Mike Renfro wrote:

> Untested (and someone else may contribute the ZPT version), but I'd
> think if you put a bit of logic in your standard_html_header and
> footer, it'll work fine. The footer might not even need to be
> modified, depending on your layout. Something similar to:
>
> standard_html_header
> ====================
>
> <dtml-if "pp==1">
>   <!-- Here's the html header stuff for a printable page -->
> <dtml-else>
>   <!-- Here's the html header stuff for a non-printable page -->
>         background="/someillegiblewatermark.jpg">
> </dtml-if>

Please keep your replies on list, since I'm not the ultimate
authority, and have occasionally even been completely wrong in the
past.

You're getting an error because my untested code didn't entirely
work. It doesn't take into account what happens if the pp variable
isn't defined at all.

The original version of this is at
http://www.zope.org/standard_html_header/view_source , but if you use
<dtml-if pp> instead of what I used before, you should be ok.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu