[Zope] Printer Friendly page?

John Schinnerer johnschinnerer@yahoo.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:15:40 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

I use a combo of different stylesheet (via zope URL/acquisition
'magic') and ZPT logic to do printable pages.  I have a printable page
stylesheet in a folder 'printerpages'; to publish with printable styles
for

http://myserver.net/coolfolder/coolpage

I simply add the folder to the URL:

http://myserver.net/coolfolder/printerpages/coolpage

and the printable stylesheet is found first and applied...
(learned this in the zope book or basic howtos somewhere...)

I use some simple ZPT conditional logic in my 'master' page templates
to omit/alter background graphics, navigation menu(s), use grayscale
instead of color logo, etc. based on publishing context ('printerpages'
or not).

John S.