[Zope] ZOPE,UNIX Installation help

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 19:59:55 +0100

Julian Baker writes:
 > Finally it has compiled
 > Digital Unix needs GNU tar aswell as the others mentioned.
 >
 > However after starting the server and logging in, i get the frameset
 > displayed in the browser but each window with a comment (111) connection
 > refused.
 > On the server an error displayed
 >
 > Stack overflow: pid 9541, proc python, addr 0x141033e88, pc 0x120062bb4
 >
 > Is this down to permissions?
Its probably a C stack overflow.

  In single threaded programs, Unix automatically enlarges the C stack,
  when necessary. For multi-threades programs, the stack is allocated
  in advance and may overflow.

If I am right with my assumption, then you would need to change the
Python source code and give new threads a larger C stack.

Can't help you with this, as I do not have Digital Unix.

Dieter