[Zope] ZOPE,UNIX Installation help

Julian Baker CCX251@coventry.ac.uk
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:19:43 +0000

I have been in contact with Python help mailing list, they asked me to
check a few things with the Zope installation.

This is a reply from Python mailing list:

	"> It is an installation in my Home directory as i do not have root
	> access, the root installation is ver 2.1 I'm using the local 2.1.2
	> python as Zope will only compile with this version.

	I'd also double- and triple-check that when Python runs Zope that
	it's using hte modules that are in your home directory rather than
	the ones that are installed for system-wide use and that Zope is
	binding to a socket that you have permission to bind to. But alas I'm
	not much of a Zope guy and so can't tell you exactly how to check
	those things."

Does anyone know how to check the above?

Thanks

Julian