[Zope] ZCatalog question... possible bug

Andrew Sydelko andrew@sydelko.org
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:58:14 -0500

I'm using ZCatalogs and I seem to have come upon either a bug or a
feature that I'm not liking.

I have these three items in cataloged:

/company/101578039896
/company/101578039896/101578056020
/company/101578039896/101578050712

Each is a folder with properties. The first one has a property
called latestRevision. The second and third objects don't have
the latestRevision property. When I add a meta_data column (latestRevision)
for the catalog, all three objects get the latestRevision property that the
first object has. (In other words, it seems that the 2nd and 3rd objects are
inheriting properties from the folder above them.)

It doesn't seem like it should work that way.

Any ideas?

--andy.