[Zope] How to allow users to change their passwords?

Joseph A Knapka jknapka@earthlink.net
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:14:50 +0000

Hello, friends,

I am attempting to implement the recipe for allowing users to
change their passwords documented at

However, it does not work for me. I believe I have coded the
form and handler exactly as given in the howto (since I copy&
pasted the code from the howto page), and I have given
the handler method (changePassAction) the "Manager" proxy role.
But when the "submit" button is pressed, I get the "Authentication
failed" dialog, and nothing I enter in the subsequent login dialog
will allow me to proceed. Cancelling the login dialog results
in "Site Error: Unauthorized." Assistance would be appreciated.

Incidentally, the platform is Windows NT4, and the Zope version
is 2.5.0.

Thanks in advance,

-- Joe
  Using open-source software: free.