[Zope] How to allow users to change their passwords?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:25:21 +0100

Joseph A Knapka writes:
 > I am attempting to implement the recipe for allowing users to
 > change their passwords documented at

 > However, it does not work for me. I believe I have coded the
 > form and handler exactly as given in the howto (since I copy&
 > pasted the code from the howto page), and I have given
 > the handler method (changePassAction) the "Manager" proxy role.
 > But when the "submit" button is pressed, I get the "Authentication
 > failed" dialog, and nothing I enter in the subsequent login dialog
 > will allow me to proceed. Cancelling the login dialog results
 > in "Site Error: Unauthorized." Assistance would be appreciated.
Maybe, the owner of your "changePassAction" does not have
"Manager" role. For security reasons, the effective set of roles
is the intersection of the execution context's roles (which include
your proxy roles) and the owner's roles.

Dieter