[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Impact of additional protocols handled by Zope?

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:47:26 +0000 (UTC)

Eron Lloyd  <lloyd@lancaster.lib.pa.us> wrote:
> Could this be what I had in mind? I'm thinking more along the lines of a
> platform versus a product, yet this could be interesting. Do you think
> there's enough consensus for the community to work together on this one?
> Or will we have several niche systems instead? I'd prefer that latter,
> personally.

Zope 3 will be such a platform without a doubt.

But we have to focus on Zope 2 for now. We're aiming at maximum
componentization in the context of Zope 2, but I'm not sure if you'll be
able to call the result a platform rather than a product.

In any case I'm pretty sure there will never be only one true groupware
solution with Zope 2, people's needs vary too much.

Florent