[Zope] "real file" product

Andrea Mennucc debian@Tonelli.sns.it
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:36:48 +0100

hi

I am preparing a web site using zope; I am quite of a newbie

I would find it useful if it would be possible to store
files in the real filesystem

what I am thinking of is: I would like to have a
 class RealFile
that is similar to the usual File, such that
the content of the file is stored somewhere in the real filesystem

or otherwise a
 class RealFolder
that is similar to the usual Folder, such that, when a File is created into
it,  the content of the file is stored somewhere in the real filesystem;

the reason for the above is that
1) I need to manage very large files (postscript PDF and such) and
2) I need to process these files with standard Unix tools

is there any existing external method that does the job?

thanks for any advice

a.m.

ps: please reply to me too, I am not subscribed to this list

--
Andrea Mennucc
 "E' un mondo difficile. Che vita intensa!" (Renato Carotone)