[Zope] Possible error in Sams Publishing Zope book?

Michael Kleymann mikek@exicoc.org
Thu, 9 May 2002 00:41:35 -0500

Hey, y'all...  New to the list, new to ZOPE, trying to learn.  As the
subject line implies, I have a book from Sams Publishing, titled "Zope,"
subtitled "web application construction kit" which has examples in it.
I love examples...

Most of the first 3 chapters revolve around setting up, making database
connections and what not.  Chapter 4 starts an example for a type of
discussion board.  The security that they ask you to set is no view for
anonymous access, basically requiring a login before you can see the
page.  They give the following section of code for the index_html:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<center>
<dtml-if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role('Anonymous')">

<h3>Welcome to your Message Board</h3>
Please identify!

</dtml-if>
</center>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

Using this code, exactly as-is, I receive the following error:
Compilation failed
TAL.HTMLParser.HTMLParseError: malformed start tag, at line 3, column 10

The given location is the first " in the dtml-if statement.  Now, I'll
admit, I'm not a programmer, and I've never played one on TV, but there
are other pages in the same site that use the dtml-if statement with a
", and none of them throw that same error.  Can someone clue me in on
this?  It's been driving me nuts....

Michael Kleymann