[Zope] Possible error in Sams Publishing Zope book?

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Thu, 9 May 2002 12:33:17 +0200

Hello Michael,

MK> Hey, y'all...  New to the list, new to ZOPE, trying to learn.

welcome aboard :-)

MK> Using this code, exactly as-is, I receive the following error:
MK> Compilation failed
MK> TAL.HTMLParser.HTMLParseError: malformed start tag, at line 3, column 10

[snip]
MK> Can someone clue me in on this?  It's been driving me nuts....

Looks to me like you are writing dtml-tags in  a PageTemplate-object..

PageTemplates don't use DTML , but TAL and METAL.. You should make
sure that your document is a DTMLmethod or a DTMLdocument if you plan
to use DTML-tags in there...

PageTemplates are in my opinion a much better and cleaner way that
DTML , but some people seem to be of the opinion that DTML is simpler
to learn.. Anyway  - your examples are DTML , so that's obviously what
you want to do for now..

good luck :)

--
Geir Bækholt                       web-developer
geirh@funcom.com             funcom oslo | webdev-team