[Zope] Zope 2.5.1 installation problems (zope dumping core)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 9 May 2002 20:44:07 +0200

Malcolm E Davis writes:
 > In both cases, I can connect to
 > http://hostname:8080/, login with the initial admin account, and
 > get the initial index page with no difficulty.  However, if I
 > select the link to the Zope Management Interface, I get the three
 > frames, but only the top one fills with anything.  I get two
 > "Document contains no data" dialogs.  When I check the server it
 > has dumped core and the shell window indicates that the server
 > has restarted.  No error messages are apparent in either the
 > shell window or the var/Z2.log file.
I expect that either a missing shared object is the problem
or Zope dies because it wants to tell you something and cannot
because its terminal has been closed in the meantime.

Start your Zope in a way that you can see its standard output and
error. The dynamic linker usually say something when it fails
to load a shared object before it kills the process.

Use "nohup" to solve the second problem, if necessary.

Dieter