[Zope] Passing parameters into SQL methods

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sat, 11 May 2002 00:15:38 -0700 (PDT)

I have a DTML method C which is called from another DTML method B, itself
called from a DTML method A.  I set a variable, call it X, in the
namespace of A with a <dtml-let, and another variable, call it Y, is set
with a <dtml-let in B.  Both are visible in C (Thanks for the help there,
Dieter...)

The body of C is a <dtml-in that references the SQL method and then, in
the form's body, renders the returned rows in an apropriate fashion.  The
query itself is paramterized by X and Y, the parameters appearing in the
query in <dtml-sqltest tags.  The query works from the test framework.

>From the diagonstic reports I get when I publish the page, the parameter
values set in methods B and A do not appear to be available in the SQL
query even though they are available in C's namespace.  (In formulating
the query method, the name X and Y appear as parameters.)

-dra