[Zope] Passing parameters into SQL methods

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 12 May 2002 10:01:51 +0200

Dennis Allison writes:
 > I have a DTML method C which is called from another DTML method B, itself
 > called from a DTML method A.  I set a variable, call it X, in the
 > namespace of A with a <dtml-let, and another variable, call it Y, is set
 > with a <dtml-let in B.  Both are visible in C (Thanks for the help there,
 > Dieter...)
 >
 > The body of C is a <dtml-in that references the SQL method and then, in
 > the form's body, renders the returned rows in an apropriate fashion.
Note that ZSQL methods do not look into the DTML namespace for arguments.

  Either (exclusive) use "REQUEST.set" to pass arguments via REQUEST
  or use named parameters to pass all you Z SQL arguments.

Surely, this is covered in the Zope book!

Dieter