Fwd: Re: [Zope] Zope Newsletters Products

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
13 May 2002 14:56:49 +0200

> > Hi maik,
> >
> > After extracting the MailBoxers-1.20422.tgz, what I got was a
> > single
> > file Mailboxers-1.20422.
> >
> > I have a zope server running on win 98.
> >
> > 1. where in my zope server will I place this file
> > (Mailboxers-1.20422.) for it to appear in the list of objects in
> > the
> > workspace.

it's a problem of some windows unzip-programs. rename the file from .tgz
to .tar.gz. then you will get a regular product...;-)

> > 2. In your Read me text file,  here I want some clarifications:-
> >
> > " What do I have to do to use a MailBoxer?
> > If you want to use a MailBoxer, you must first install the
> > gateway-script smtp2zope.py as root in a location of the mailserver
> > where your MTA can execute it".
> >
> > - where can I get this file(smtp2zope.py )

see above...

> > - Does this means that I have to install a mailserver software
> > seperately before I can use MailBoxers on zope.

yes, you need a mail-server for mailboxer. maybe you can install the
"smtp2zope.py" on an existing mailserver and submit the mails to your
zope on your windows box. i've heard that some people run MailBoxer
under Windows with some commercial mail-servers. I only work with linux,
so I've no experience with windows-servers at all.

greetings, maik.

--
maik jablonski                    http://www.sachunterricht-online.de
 universitaet bielefeld          http://www.zfl.uni-bielefeld.de