[Zope] question about <dtml-var foo fmt=structured-text>

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon, 20 May 2002 17:38:13 -0500

    Kent> Am I missing something, or should fmt=structured-text obey
    Kent> the rules of structured text?

I've bumped up against this too.  For example, in zwiki, you can
specify the type as structuredtext or structuredtextdtml depending on
whether you want the dtml rendered.  I tend to agree that within the
'code' environment

This is a test::

  <dtml-var some_doc>

the dtml-var tags should be displayed literally with
fmt=structured-text.

But there is a product
http://www.zope.org/Members/mjablonski/StructuredDocument/ which will
work as you want it to.  If you make a document of the type
StructuredDocument, you can renter it with <dtml-var mydoc>, no need
for the fmt option, and it will insert the code in the :: literally.

John Hunter