[Zope] Some questions regarding Zope hosting

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Wed, 29 May 2002 13:05:01 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the comments.  In fact, we will be using Squid in front of
ZServer.  There is minor problem which has to be resolved. I need to track
and time stamp individual page references on a per-user per-session basis.

With Squid interposed, the simple solution (logging the GET for the page)
no longer works as many (actually most) pages will be served from the
cache.  The next obvious solution is to do the logging in Squid, but I
suspect that Squid has no notion of sessions and users.

Of course I can disable caching, but there's a big performance hit.

Any suggestions, thoughts, or experience in this realm?

-dra