[Zope] WebDav - Win2K problem

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 22:54:05 +0100

--On 03 October 2002 07:33 -0700 Ross <tetranz@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm having a weird problem trying to use Zope WebDAV with Win2K / IE6.
> I've seen others with similar but not quite the same in the archives.
>
> I create a connection in 'My Network Places'. Everything looks good
> initially, I can copy objects in both directions but when I try to
> download the same object a second time I get a Windows popup titled
> 'Error Copying File or Folder' and text 'Cannot create another system
> semaphore'. Uploading multiple times works every time.
>
> Zope is on port 8080. I also have WebDAV running on Apache with mod_dav
> on port 80. That works well with the same Win2K client. This had me
> thinking it was a Zope problem but ...
>
> I can connect to http://zope.org and download objects from the root
> multiple times okay. This points to my particular Zope installation.
>
> I get the same result with two different servers running Zope and two
> different Win2K clients.
>
> Zope Version: (Zope 2.5.1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python
> 2.1.3, linux2).
>
> Any ideas?

Not seen that problem.

You might try the evaluation vesion of WebDrive
http://www.webdrive.com/ to see if it also has
a problem. In my experience WebDrive has never
failed me whereas many combinations of Windows+IE+WebFolders
have.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/