[Zope] Xron ready for production? Anyone using it live?

Eron Lloyd elloyd@lancaster.lib.pa.us
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 10:11:11 -0400

I've been looking at Webware's TaskKit=20
(http://webware.sourceforge.net/Webware-0.7/TaskKit/Docs/) as a possible=20
solution. It'd be nice to have a general purpose Python scheduler to=20
seamlessly integrate with Zope, without having to rely on cron or at. Has=
=20
anyone else messed with TaskKit?

Regards,

Eron

On Saturday 05 October 2002 2:39 am, Johan Carlsson [Torped] wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm interested in starting to maintain Xron, if it has potential to be =
> stable products.
>  From the code it doesn't seem to do any strange things, but I would
> like to know if anybody has experience of using it in a production
> environment, or any other experiences and that would recommend not
> using it in a production environment.
>
> The central feature I'm interested in is the ability to setup packing
> policies inside Zope.
> I know many people uses Cron or Scheduler but I like to have a
> platform independent solution and preferably one inside the Zope proces=
s.

> Regards,
> Johan Carlsson

---