[Zope] Stupid Bug

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:22:25 +0200

Rares Vernica wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Try something:
>
> Create a folder in "Root Folder", for example "StupidBug".
> Inside this folder create a DTML Method "index_html" and inside it write
> "<dtml-var REQUEST>".
> Ok, now, in other browser window, access ".../StupidBug", you should see
> that you are "Anonymous User" right. Now change the address field of
> your browser to ".../StupidBug/manage_main", login as meneger. Now
> change your browser field address again to ".../StupidBug" and you
> should see that you are "Anonymous User", at least this is what I see.
> Stupid isn't it?! (I use Zope 2.5.1 and Internet Explorer 6.0)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rares

I think this is not a bug. I also think this is Internet Explorer not
sending credentials for where it thinks they don't belong, i.e. to
places higher up in the tree structure of the site.
/StupidBug is higher up than /StupidBug/something, and you just entered
username/password in /StupidBug/something.

At least I think this is the case, you can verify this with shane's
tcpwatch.py (->google).

cheers,
oliver