[Zope] Calling script from script inside protected folder

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:07:02 +0200

| Odes=EDlatel: Dylan Reinhardt <Dylan@DylanReinhardt.com>
| The theory I'd try first is that the called script may be attempting to
do=20
| something that Player permissions are not approved for.
|=20
| Oddly enough, it's possible to grant permissions to Anonymous but still=
=20
| withhold them from groups that require authentication.  I'd double-chec=
k=20
| the permissions for any objects called by the second script to see if=20
| you've granted Anonymous permission without granting Player permission.

use proxy tab for taht script, see management tabs.
=20
| It's also possible that the called script may not have its permissions
set=20
| to acquire settings from the parent folder.  Sounds like you would have=
=20
| noticed, though.
|=20
| If time is short, an easy way to fix the problem is to grant the callin=
g=20
| script the Manager proxy role.  But you only want to do that if you're=20
| certain that it's safe for all things done by the scripts to be done in=
=20
| that context.

Proxy is by me safest methot to grant privileges for "this and only this"
that you need for non-privileged user.

If you are concerned, you should check (from script) place from where are
script calling.

Regards JL.