[Zope] Sybase DAv2 - loses connection & crashes zope

Raphael Faria raphael@shift.co.za
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:11:25 +0200

Hi, I'm having problems with the Sybase DA, hoping that you might be able to
help:

Zope in pcgi mode
---
Repeatedly refreshing a web page that queries a database crashes zope.

Zope started in single threaded mode (no -p flag)
---
The database connection is lost, time to lose connection varies between 1
minute and a couple hours. I've temporarily solved the problem by writing a
python script that downloads a query web page every minute.

Here's the error Zope displays:
Error Type: Database Error
Error Value: SelectActiveKiosks is not connected to a database

(SelectActiveKiosks is a Z SQL Method.)

Also, once the connection is lost, editing the connection and clicking the
"Open Connection" button produces the following error:

Invalid connection string: database: ZopeStats, password: ********, server:
SYBASE, transactional: Y, user: sa

Restarting zope fixes all this??

Thanks