[Zope] Automatic Catologging problems

Sean K getmejazzed@yahoo.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:26:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Bit of a newbie problem, I am trying to learn how to
auto catalog a ZCatalog. I have made a Z Class with a
CatalogPathAware base, however when i add instances of
the product(to theroot folder), they do not show up in
the catalog (also in the root folder). I have set the
metadata and indexes to the properties of my product.

I have also created a very simple product in python
that inherits CatalogAware from CatalogPathAwareness
and use the reindex_object() method in the edit method
of the product class. Once again all works fine except
for adding iteslf to the catalog even when it is
changed.

Is there something more I need to do? Maybe I have
missed a step when creating my Z Catalog?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sean