[Zope] Training My Users

Fearless Froggie fearless_froggie@yahoo.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:41:43 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm going to be teaching a course to get some people
started using Zope.

I haven't (yet) had to teach anybody to use zope, but
I have had to teach others how to use other web based
content management systems. Two things really helped
out:

1) Create a step by step manual that explains exactly
how to do all the tasks you want them to be able to
do. I found that what was really painfully detailed
for me, was barely adequete for them. What's really
obvious to you, won't be adequete to them. And PRINT
IT OUT! That way they can make notes, etc, while
you're explaining things to them.

I found that creating that manual took forever, but
it's helpful in case I get run over by a bus tomorrow,
and it gives users something to consult when they have
questions.

2) I just show users what they need to know and try to
remove the clutter. That way they're less confused.

I don't know if that's the kind of information you're
looking for, but maybe it'll be helpful.

Rita Mikusch