[Zope] extra parameters in dtml-var

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:49:11 -0700

> But wouldn't it be possible, to add additional parameters not affecting
the
> string representation to the namespace of this object? So if the object
> looks up this parameter it finds it. But there is no problem, when the
> paramter is not used.

Yes, it would be possible to add more magic to DTML and confuse the heck out
of things even more. But its not for me thank you.

Don't forget you can use dtml-let and dtml-with to pop stuff onto the
namespace for example:

DTMLMethod: testFoo
<dtml-let FOOBARBINGO="'Some string'">
<dtml-var testBar>
</dtml-let>

DTMLMethod: testBar
<dtml-var FOOBARBINGO>

If you call testBar you will get a NameError, 'cos FOOBARBINGO isnt found.
But if you call testFoo it prints 'Some string', testBar now has that
variable in the namespace.
--
  Andy McKay
  www.agmweb.ca