[Zope] RE: CSV (Was: Perl scripts)

Andreas Tille tillea@rki.de
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:11:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Warnes, Gregory R wrote:

> I regularly use a Perl script called from Zope to do the opposite
> conversion: *from* xls *to* csv.   Initially, I used this code in an
> external python script,
This is the way I decided to go now: Use an External Python Script to
call a Perl Script in local file system.  I've thought I misunderstood
something in the documentation that I could Perl directly in an External
Script without wrapping it in Python.  (Perhaps the hint of Andy McKay
will enlighten me once www.zope.org is available again ...)

> but I've now created a Zope product called 'CSVFile'
> which checks the file extension and automatically converts uploaded files
> from xls to csv if required.  Here is the appropriate code snippet:
Thanks.  I'll use this as an example.

> As an aside, I use double-quotes to bracket each cells contents and comma
> separation.   With this, I haven't had any problems here with MS-Excel
> failing to properly convert csv files when opening them -- with any of IE,
> Mozilla, Netscape 4 on W2K.
I'll give this a further try.  Did you also testet it under Linux with
Gnumeric?

Kind regards

        Andreas.