[Zope] Database Adapter for ODBC Socket Server

Bob Corriher bobc@p-wave.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:05:26 -0400

Hi Roland,

I used ODBC Socket Server for a project a year or so ago (not as a
Database Adapter however). I found several problems with it which caused
me to rewrite the site to use SQL-Server's XML access method. ODBC
Socket Server had problems returning larger result sets, (the number of
rows depended on the size of the row data). Also, it tended to run away
and stop responding until the service was restarted. Also, it showed
some evidence of memory creep.

This is just my experience, and I don't know if ODBC Socket Server has
been worked on/improved since then.

Bob Corriher
P-Wave Inc.