[Zope] Idea of Caching DTML Methods in Zope

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:09:41 +0100

| Odes=EDlatel: Elena Schulz <elena.schulz@gmx.net>
| if there is no other caching-possibility maybe creating and using a
special
| folder-object as a subobject of the standard folder-object with a
property
| of the wanted info, i.e. PARENTS[3:], which changes whenever the folder
is
| created and copied elsewhere in the hierachy is a solution.

Yes, it is possible. But if you hae users that create directories and fil=
es
=66rom FTP, it is not as easy.

I have web structure, where full content of each folder is rendered into
single page (exclude news section, here are special things with expiring
and archiving).

| Maybe it can be achieved with the products "AbacadabraObject" and
| "PropertyFolder" ...
| To my knowledge it is possible to add a script (i.e. localroot.py) as a
| zope-property, at least for the property-types "multiple selection" and
| "selection".

It sounds interesting and I take look at that two porducts, but for this
web philosophy I prefer to make web transparently accessible via FTP. It
will be maybe time, when I write better management interface for our
web-fillers than ZMI (with MSIE inline editor) and FTP, but for now it is
OK and I have no time for that.

The way to do that caching is to use RAM cache with defined=20

1* REQUEST variables (global)
	it is somewhere reccomended to put here "AUTHENTIFICATED_USER"
(all authenticated access will be separated from anonymous)

2* Names from the DTML namespace to use as cache keys (cache properties f=
or
concrete cached DTMLmethod)
	I find that is to set here "absolute_url"
(all called object will have own cached copy)

2* works exactly as I need and it is very FAST. So it is question, that i=
should be filled as default or make tip in help text? Yes, it will be
rendered at each level of folder/object, but only at first access. Maybe
RAM consuming...

Regards J. Lukesh.