[Zope] Re: TAL: getting container of template

Jochen Haeberle listen@midras.de
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 00:40:26 +0200

At 16:48 Uhr -0500 02.09.2002, Evan Simpson wrote:
>Jochen Haeberle wrote:
>>although the TAELS Overview in the Zope help states that the built
>>in name container  refers to "The folder in which the template is
>>located", obviously the container of the object the tamplate is
>>applied to is returned.
>
>"Obviously"?  (scribbles some quick test code...) Nope, it's the
>template container, as documented.

I would not like to argue with you on this ;-) But how do you test for this???

to the object the template is applied to...

What should I do to get a vh-enabled url to the container of my template???

>>I tried to get to URLPATHn or other veriables off the request
>>object as described in the docu thrugh the tal-name "request" but
>>to no avail is this something different or do I need to use some
>>sort of accessor on these???
>
>It should work fine like this:

Mhmm.. don't know, how I spoiled that one... sorry ;-)

>Cheers,
>
>Evan @ 4-am

Thanks for shedding some light...

Jochen