[Zope] Re: Interpreting dynamically generated TAL

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 13:10:37 -0500

tomas@fabula.de wrote:
>  |#### FIXME: what do we do with those?  ## tal=not source, strictinsert=0 ##
>  |        return output.getvalue()
>
> The compiler seems happy, the interpreter doesn't barf either, but it doesn't
> replace a thing. It passes input verbatim to output. Am I missing anything
> obvious? Am I trying --again-- the impossible?

Looks good to me.  Hmm.  The 'tal' argument indicates whether to execute
  TAL code, but it is true by default.  The 'strictinsert' argument
controls whether text inserted by tal:replace and tal:content is parsed
and compiled, and should probably be set false.

Are you testing with 'ishtml' true or false?  When it is false, you'll
need to make sure that your XML contains the TAL namespace declaration.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am