[Zope] OT: mySQL

Stuart Robinson randolph.s.robinson@btinternet.com
07 Sep 2002 22:52:15 +0000

Hi all,

First an apology as this might be slightly Off Topic, however I need the
experience of ZOPE users with mySQL.

I'm new to zope and have been playing with Gadfly, zope page templates
etc and am interested in getting to grips with zope and mySQL. Can
anyone recommend one or more online tutorials which cover a)mySQL
install, b)zope connections for mySQL. I specify online because I've
spent too much on zope books this month already!... and the books I have
at the moment assume you have mySQL installed, or only talk about SQL
methods in the context of Gadfly.

I suppose what I'm looking for is an "I've done this already and this is
how you do it" guide to getting mySQL set up so ZOPE can use it. Tall
order?

FYI I'm running zope on suse linux 8.0 (desktop, not a server edition:
so mySQL isn't included), if that helps.

Regards, and thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Stu