[Zope] ?? server accept() threw an exception ??

Bakhtiar Abdul Hamid bak@nstp.com.my
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:23:14 +0800

> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Juli=E1n_Mu=F1oz?= writes:
>  > After some days up, at a very low charge, zope stopped to work,
>  > it was not available anymore through the apache proxy, and
>  > writed this many times to the log:
>  >
>  > """
>  > 2002-09-08T14:25:54 PROBLEM(100) ZServer warning: server accept()
>  > threw an exception
>  > """
> I have seen similar behaviour under Solaris.
> But there, it was an infinite loop filling the log file very quickly
> up to the 2 GB limit.
>
> I patched the code to let Zope die in case of an "accept" exception.
> As it is immediately restarted, this seems a not too bad approach.
>
> Dieter

i'm having this problemm too.. from 2.3.x until now (2.5.1) on linux

not sure what the cause is.. since it's random.  what i'm doing now is
watching over stupid.log and restarting.. a not too good an approach.

so, can i have a look at your patch plese? :)

thanks
p/s - finding the cause or who's affected might be interesting