[Zope] Zope feature freeze project ??

Julián Muñoz jmunoz@telefonica.net
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:29:14 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 kosh@aesaeion.com wrote:

> Why don't you want to upgrade to zope 2.5.1? It has a lot of fixes and it
> is the most stable release I have used so far.

Ok, nice to hear this.

> However why not test what
> you have with zope 2.5.1 and see if it all works? It is trivial to upgrad=
> zope so I dont' really see a problem. Also if you work with python
> products instead of zclasses and take the time to design them it should
> take a few minutes at most to resolve changed to a new version of zope if
> that.

Well, my experience is that it is terribly difficult to have a stable
product, it take time, and when you change the platform version (zope), my
products will go back to prehistory from a point of view of stability...
(new bugs, "strange things", etc...)

>  You do design your python products right? I mean how can you be
> upset with maintenance if you did not design stuff very well to begin
> with.

Maintenance is needed. But it's good to think also what kind of
maintenance is not needed, so I can do better the needed maintenance :-)

--

      __o
    _ \<_

Saludos de Julián