[Zope] Packing database when quote is running out ...

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:49:48 +0300

Hi,

I just stumbled into a situation where I noticed that our Data.fs had
grown into huge blob and space was running out of that drive. I first
tried to pack normally, but that did not work since packing from control
panel allways tried to create a backup of the packed database. And there
  was not enough space left.

My saviour was Chris McDonough whose script I found in one email - on
how to pack database out of Zope. So I shutdown Zope for a while and
packed the database - moved the Data.fs.old into some other drive and
continued to live my life happy.

Script in this email: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/540208

Lesson learned:

Put packing the database into cron ,-)